Saarburg Castle

Saarburg Castle, mentioned as early as 964 and founded by Count Siegfried of Luxembourg, is one of the oldest mountain castles in western Germany. It belonged to the Trier archbishops after 1064 and was their favorite residence in the 14th century.

The mighty castle is 450 ft/137 m long and up to 164 ft/50 m wide with a high rising tower and remains of the mighty tower from the Middle Ages. Destroyed in the 16th and 17th centuries, it fell rapidly into ruin in the 18th century.

Since 1860, it has been the property of Saarburg.

Opening hours:
Freely accessible

Contact:
Saar-Obermosel-Touristik e.V., Tourist-Information Saarburg,
Graf-Siegfried-Str. 32, 54439 Saarburg, tel. +49 6581 995980,e-mail: info-saarburg@saar-obermosel.de
www.saar-obermosel.de