Thorn Castle

The castle, situated at an old Moselle crossing, was built as a castle for the Trier archbishop but came into the possession of the Family von Bübingen as early as 1534. The rectangular structure still has a rectangular gate tower from the 16th century. A mighty round tower was destroyed in 1945.

Today Thorn Castle is the oldest winery in the southern area of the German Upper Moselle, where primarily Elbling quality wine is cultivated. The castle offers up a hearty meal or a commented wine tasting in the castle courtyard or in the 400-year-old pressing house with its massive beam press.

Contact:
Schloss Thorn, Dr. Baron von Hobe-Gelting,
54459 Schloss Thorn, tel. +49 6583 433, fax: +49 6583 - 1433, e-mail: weingut@schloss-thorn.de
www.schloss-thorn.de