Welschbillig Castle

The formerly moated castle was first mentioned in the 13th century. It was erected on the grounds of a luxurious Roman villa from the 4th century with a lavishly decorated reflecting pool (60 x 18 m/200 x 60 ft). In the Archaeological Museum (Landesmuseum), 71 of the original 112 herms surrounding a reflecting pool have been preserved.

The gate with two round towers and a stone bridge over the moat are still preserved from the square castle. A parish church from 1889/1890 and an administration house from 1711 stand on the castle grounds.

Contact:
Ortsgemeinde Welschbillig
tel. +49 6506 250
fax +49 6506 258422
www.welschbillig.de

Further information on sightseeing is available directly at the Welschbillig village administration.